03 July 2012

R.I.P.'ed Jeans

There are good days, and there are days when your favorite jeans get stolen out of the dryer.

Here I am, sitting pretty on the false security that I'd built up positive laundry karma after folding some random guy's clothes and never leaving my clothes in the machines any longer than necessary. So imagine my surprise at folding one less pair of pants out of the dryer than I put in. What the heck? I searched that small laundry room high and low, peering in and behind every single machine, and my pants were nowhere to be found. At this point, I can still hardly even believe that they would have been stolen out of the dryer from among all my other clothes, so I go back up to my room. They definitely weren't with me. So I knock on a friend's door with the tidings, "Someone stole my pants". She was just about as befuddled as I was. I went to the laundry room again, to quadruple check in and behind every machine. No pants. So I email the ALOES summer assistant (who I'd already emailed yesterday to say that I'd broken my sink...), but I hear him enter his room across the hall, so I go talk to him. Awkwardly.

"Hey, um, I don't know if you've had a chance to read my email yet, but I just did a load of laundry and I think someone stole a pair of my pants."
"What?"
"Yeah, well, um, I looked everywhere and I can't find these pants so I think someone must have opened the dryer and taken them. I'm sorry. What do I do?"
"That's weird."
"Yeah, I'm not really sure what to do. I'm really sorry. Hguhh."

And if that wasn't enough, he told me to address the whole GTL group. So I got on the handy dandy book of faces and posted a similarly amusing plea for someone to return my pants.

Like I've said, my primary reason for starting this blog was to record stories that clearly could only happen to me. I do believe this falls in that category. And now I guess I will forever be known as that girl who had her pants stolen.


No comments:

Post a Comment