30 March 2013

The Business of Attire

On a scale of one to horrific, trying on business attire scores about a swimsuit shopping. Like I need another blazer telling me my arms are freakishly long, or another pantsuit telling me my top half isn't proportional to my bottom half.* We get the picture, business attire. No need to be such a bully. Unfortunately, I need business attire. So today I went shopping with my grandparents, because they are awesome and came to Atlanta to spend Easter weekend with me. I scanned through rack after rack, trying to find what I thought might possibly be the least painful things to try on. It all looked like rubbish. My grandpa sends back an outfit for me to try. It fits like a glove, looks like a 20-something professional, and is basically ALL ON SALE. What is this sorcery? Bub, you are hereby my shopping guru from here on out. Plus, I think it's in everyone's best interest for my grandparents to issue a formal apology to all of my current and future interpersonal relationships for spoiling. me. rotten.

*I was told once by a basketball teammate in middle school, "girl, you's built like a snowcone. Big on top but little on the bottom" - eight years later and I've still to decipher whether or not that was a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment