16 February 2014

Pucker Up

I rarely deviate from my standard beauty routine, and my standard beauty routine is pretty much nonexistent. It's one of those things that I've always wished I could be interested in - watching Youtube video after Youtube video on how to do smoky eyes, clicking on anything and everything that mentions "winged liner", actually knowing the difference between quality makeup and the kind I get off the shelf at Walmart - but honestly I just don't care that much. Give me a tub of coconut oil and some mascara and I'm good to go. It doesn't help that any time I walk into class with something new I get reactions along the lines of "what's with the red lips?" or "trying something different today, are we?". smh, nuclear engineers.

AnYwAy what this has to do with anything is that I went to church with some lips on and afterwards the lady who you tell if you want a burrito, bowl, or salad at Chipotle complimented me on the color and it just about made my day. While I sat there eating I went over all the times I've thought that someone looked nice or enjoyed their clothing style or wished I had their hair and never said anything about it. I kind of wish that I had. I wish that I told Amy Adams Mom at Marvin that I thought she looked like Amy Adams. I wish that I told Madi how beautiful her glitter eyeshadow was. I wish to be the complete stranger doling out compliments to the world.

From that, here are the supplies you need to get that "Wait, Is She Wearing Makeup Or Not?" look that is so in right now, aka my must-haves

1. Coconut Oil - seriously. put this stuff on your face/arms/legs, put it in your hair, swish it in your mouth*, etc. there are tons of cool things to do with coconut oil and it feels oh so good. pro-tip: have one jar for beauty purposes and one jar for cooking because this stuff is golden in the kitchen, as well.
*this is called oil pulling and I've never actually tried it. kind of intrigued by it, though.

2. Great Lash - my mom read in a seventeen magazine or something that this was the best mascara. why mess with the best?

3. These Burt's Bees Things - especially the champagne color.

4. Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream - this stuff is magic for your fingertips.


Basically I just like things that smell good and moisturize moisturize moisturize. And now I feel like I've completed a personal blogger milestone by posting something about beauty must-haves so imma reward myself with some QuizUp.

No comments:

Post a Comment