05 March 2011

This is The First Day of My Life

Last night, Bright Eyes, the Tabernacle, ohmygosh. This concert was beyond amazing. He put out a new CD at the beginning of the year, so I was a little nervous that the majority of the setlist would come from that. Pleasant. Pleasant. Surprise. He played tons of old stuff, including some of my very favorite songs and some that I'm Groovesharking at my earliest convenience because they sounded great and I was a little ashamed of myself for not having heard this goodness before. My highlights of the night: Bowl of Oranges, I'm Wide Awake It's Morning, Gold Mine Gutted, Take it Easy, <entire setlist>. I can't pick highlights. The whole night was my highlight. Plus, I got to hang out with a pretty awesome Big, who's birthday happens to be today, so we went b-day shopping a day early at the merch table. Scores all around.


"We went to Disneyworld and learned a new motto. Celebrate the dream inside. That's what we're encouraging you to do tonight. Celebrate it."


"This next song....is in 3D. Please put on the glasses that were handed to you at the door."
3 minutes pass.
"Please put on the 3D glasses"
3 minutes pass.
"There must have been some kind of mistake. Just squint really hard at the stage for this next song."


"You might be wondering who this handsome devil is. Right here, in the flesh."


Dear Conor, if I could be half as devil-may-care as you, I would feel unstoppable. Keep up the good work.




P.S. I'm pleased that some of my pictures from the concert turned out ok, but I'm sick and tired of shooting on the Auto setting, especially when I know my camera can do better than most of the shots I got last night. Any good tips/tricks/tutorials for sashaying into the realm of priority or manual settings?

No comments:

Post a Comment