14 April 2011

Deliverance from All of the Madness

**this was intended to be finished last night...whoopsiedaisy. Consequently, "yesterday" is Tuesday and "today" is Wednesday.

yesterday.......was bad. It was real bad. My constant prayer throughout the day was just for some encouragement, something to remind me that I'm worthwhile. I basically moped straight until 6:00 PM when, sitting outside, drinking a Coke, I just stopped thinking about all of the negative vibes that had accumulated in my brain, I stopped praying my constant whines and needs, and I "gazed at God in silence". I've only read a couple of chapters in Crazy Love but had to look no further than the first page to find a reminder "not to rush into God's presence with words [...] The wise man comes to God without saying a word and stands in awe of Him. " So I sat, I awed, I praised, and I gradually let myself start praying again, this time trying to focus on the positive and all of the opportunities I had been given to fully depend on God this day. Wouldn't you know I felt a little bit better? I still had looming rainclouds of calculus tests and CS tests and physics homework, but now I had an umbrella.

Fast forward to today - my favorite in a very long time, as I have seen the fruition of my desperate pleas for encouragement. I left my calc test mildly fried, to see "Cast your worries on the Lord, for He cares for you" chalked on the sidewalk. Every few steps, I saw a different verse. Then I encountered some old gentlemen wearing suits and passing out little Bibles. (I love old people, and there are so few on college campuses!) I struck up a conversation with one of them, talking of the beautiful weather and how it was a beautiful day for the mere fact of waking up this morning - but, of course, if he hadn't have woken up that would have been beautiful as well, he said. I walked away smiling after exchanging "Have a blessed day"!'s.

Cool Runnings was on while I was at the gym. Earphones don't stay in my ears, but I love this movie so much that I could recite all of the dialogue in my head while on the treadmill. In CS class, I finally put my finger on who my professor has reminded me of all year - the professor in The Magician's Nephew (ironic? CS class, CS Lewis?). I feel like if he invited me to spend the summer with him at his English manor, I would find Narnia in one of the closets. I got a letter I had been anticipating from my granddad, and a surprise letter from one of my favorite teachers. We got to make jungle noises in chorale. I got many more compliments on my dress than ever happens to me. And we had brinner. I couldn't help but praise God for such a good day, praise Him for such an awful yesterday which drew me to my knees in front of Him, and praise Him for carrying me through one to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment