15 February 2012

Love Remains

It's the day after Valentine's Day, but I still love everyone and everything just as much.

Some things I loved about yesterday:
These pants. I wore them.
Wagon wheel earrings.
Not being as careful about food intake as usual*.
Cardigans.
Searching Bing images and Etsy with "funny cat valentine" "nerd valentine" "lord of the rings valentine" keywords.
Appointing myself Tweetmaster of Georgia Tech American Nuclear Society.
A compatriot in the effort to bring back "ballin'" to everyday vernacular.
First official Tweet, complete with nuclear Valentine's poem.
$2 Peppermint Mocha.
Annual Valentine's Dinner at Brittain Dining Hall**.
Cupcakes.
Pink socks with red hearts.

Some things I love about today:
Waking up early.
Hairbows.
Migas.
Homemade cookies.
Sunshine.
Cardigans***.
Granny Smith apples.

The pastor at the church I attend here in Atlanta ends every service saying, "Remember! The love in your heart wasn't put there to stay; love isn't love 'til you give it away". And that's what I love about Valentine's Day. I love because I am loved.

*Yes, I watch what I eat. Yes, it is lame. But sister's got to look good if she wants to keep wearing her Summiteer Slim Fits in public. And she does, very much, want to keep wearing her Summiteer Slim Fits in public. They're like heaven in pant form.
**I have an uncalled for obsession with this dining hall. It's not great. It's not even good. I just have a soft spot in my heart for ol' Brit-tain. And I've been wanting to eat there all year. And this was perfect, because last year the Katies Squared and I went on our Valentine's date to the Brittain Valentine's Dinner, too. We're making it an official tradition now that we've done it twice.
***I'm reverting to the phase in my life when I wore cardigans every day and every way. It's ballin' to be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment