09 March 2012

From the desk of...

Well, the Housing Department managed to fix our HVAC unit to blow cold air. This is a monumental occasion, seeing as I can finally close my window for more than 8 minutes without being stifled and at risk of asphyxiation. That...was an overreaction. (please read the previous sentence as if you were the Nard-Dog after punching your hand through a wall.) Hyperbole aside, I'm thrilled to be able to close my window. Now I can reset my pictures and knick-knacks without fearing they'll be blown over periodically by gusts of wind. And since I enjoy lists and sharing mundane information, here's a catalog of the flotsam and jetsam littering my desk:

  • fancy Kleenex
  • flash cards from last semester
  • 3 PEZ dispensers - Belle, Pooh, and a BYU football
  • a model TIE interceptor
  • flashlight
  • mug from Steak and Shake
  • blank index cards
  • way too many writing utensils than practical
  • Eat Mor Chikin cow
  • teacup from Cafe Intermezzo
  • Millard the Hedgehog
  • digital Burger King Star Wars watch, in collector's tin
  • a Nalgene and a Camelbak
  • framed photographs - Halloween circa 1998, atop Judge Baylor, at the HPDHP2 premiere, roomies, with Lord Vader, Mission Week 2011, with my favorite SBDT '10-'11 O
  • travel coffee mug in need of a wash*
  • empty jar of Smuckers Natural, complete with dirty spoon*
  • desk lamp
  • Han Solo
  • The Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics
  • fingernail clippers
  • iTunes giftcard
  • handwritten Bible verses - Romans 12:12, Psalm 23:1-4
  • TI-nspire, sans batteries
*in my defense, these items are only a day old.

In unrelated news, my grandparents were here last weekend! It was the bomb. And my mom plus my bestie and her mom (and one of my practically-moms) will be here starting tomorrow! I'm planning a dissertational post in which I compare and contrast the particulars of each visit and thence conclude which of the two made the most lasting impression. Jokes. In truth, I'm planning an "oh-my-gracious-I-love-visitors" post in which I detail why my family/friends are the most ballin' people on the planet. Hold on to your hats!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous21.3.15

    I can proudly say that I read that "overreaction" sentence as the Nard-Dog BEFORE reading your note about it.
    Gonna hit the break room. Does anybody want anything?

    Furthermore, I was secretly hoping to see "Flotsam and Jetsam plushies from The Little Mermaid" on that list.

    ReplyDelete