13 May 2012

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Before I set off on my grand adventures this summer, I had to send my baby cat on one of her own. Here's to twelve years of scratching your ears, dodging your attacks, not telling anyone when you stuck your head into bowls of cookie dough and cake mix, letting you sit on the table while I ate alone even though dad didn't allow it, dragging myself out of the bathtub on chilly nights to open the bathroom door for you to come into the warmth, explaining to house guests that they probably didn't want to pet you, and telling you all of my secrets. Imma miss you, baby cat (because that's what I called you in my head, since I knew you wouldn't appreciate the condescension if I'd spoken it aloud).

Crystal Ash
2000-2012

1 comment: