30 July 2012

a mess.

Well, it's finals week, which invariably means one thing: my life has turned into a week-long comedy of errors. Starting things off strong was a triathlon that surrounded my dorm building out of the blue. This meant waking up to speakers blasting distorted French announcer voices and American disco tunes. In an effort to escape the chaos, take a study break that involved more movement than creating the ideal Game of Thrones watching atmosphere, and stock up on study snacks, I decided to walk to cora. Turns out, my cora route was also part of the race route. Once I realized that my study-dazed, Chacos and bedhead self was tromping alongside countless spandex-clad men, I was already far enough into my route that there was nothing better to do than keep going. So I probably ruined some guy's time by a fraction of a second when I cut across him to get into the parking lot. Sorry. Then it was Sunday and cora was closed, so there's that. I decided not to rejoin the race and took another way back to my building, through all of the roadwork and randos standing around in yellow vests. I didn't see any of them actually do anything, but the vests were enough to make them look official and like they might potentially speak to me in French if I attempted to cross the road near them, so I walked in such a way as to avoid them all...and add a few more blocks to my trip home. Later, on my way to assemble with the emaggers, I passed a French couple on the sidewalk who very audibly discussed the "Americaaiinn" with more than a little disdain. I laughed. Then today I had a conversation without using any distinguishable words (just a lot of  "guuuhhuhh", "eerrrrrrrrrrrgg", and "mmmmmmmmm"s) and managed to simultaneously spill half a Nalgene of water on my legs/feet and tuna juice on my shirt. I don't even like tuna. I've been eating it for the past week because it's so darn convenient. And it's brainfood, right? So maybe I am doing something right. A girl needs all the help she can get.

Oh, yeah, and I've started referring to myself in Jaqen H'ghar-ish. I LOVE FINALS!

On the upside, my stuffs are practically packed and Texas is getting closer.............

No comments:

Post a Comment