27 July 2012

Friday Five

5 Words/Phrases that are Probably Overused in my Vocabulary
(These are the things that I think I say the most, which very well could or could not be the things I say the most. Feel free to inform me of my limited perception.)

5. "No problem" and "true dat". They're my go-to's, no matter what the occasion. "Thank you", "excuse me", "do you mind...","can I...", it all gets answered with "no problem". Or, if you're really lucky, "no prob, man". When I have nothing else to say, or when I want to express agreement, I throw out a "true dat".
4. Referring to myself as "sista". As in, "Sista needs a new pair of pants", or "sista's gotta watch her figure". It makes me seem like I take myself less seriously. Soooo nonchalant.
3. Anything from Sweet Brown.
2. Since being in France, "Oui.", a la Cardinal Richelieu.
1. Y'all, all y'all, y'all's, y'all're.

I'd love to hear yours!

(Another thing that crops up quite often is, "Oh....I was quoting something" - because I'm usually always quoting something and it usually always doesn't get picked up. My life is one long ride on the struggle bus, y'all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment