17 November 2012

We Give Thanks

November 13 - I'm thankful for my Tuesday night small group. The people, the place, the puppy, the profundity (sorry, I couldn't resist the alliteration). It has just been a blessing to plug in with a group that discusses foreknowledge and alligator fighting within the same sentence. Frequently.

November 14 - I am thankful to be a member of the best intramural soccer team ever, Dynamo/I'm thankful to have a group of friends fun enough to form an intramural soccer team and, even more importantly, fun enough make me want to leave my warm bed at the end of long days to run around in the cold, because I know it will be worth it to be involved in whatever shenanigans Dynamo comes up with.

November 15 - I'm thankful to be a part of the WIE M&M mentoring program, and to have a rockin' mentee. Talking with her has really given me a new perspective on how far I've come in the past two years, and how those years have helped me grow into an adultish-type person.

November 16 - I am thankful for victories, because some mornings you accidentally endanger your roommate with food allergies, post Throwback Thursday photos on Friday without realizing it, spill water, and expose the illegal apartment pet to maintenance men. Seeing K.C. for the first time this semester, eating good food, and groovin' all night at an amazing concert are necessary victories to help one feel a little more balanced.

November 17 - I am thankful for out of the ordinary study dates at trendy coffee shops with a girl I'd claim for my twin any day of the week. It's just that NRE is the trendiest major, what can we say?

No comments:

Post a Comment