17 November 2012

Who Let the Dogs Out?

I have never grooved so much as I did last night. The occasion? Dr Dog at the Masquerade. what. a. show.

The evening kicked off with Cotton Jones, a very entertaining opening band. With lyrics like, "we are all chickens in the dark", "home is where you stop a minute and clean your teeth", and "I heard it in the toilet bowl, you're calling out my name", you know they're going to be good. The lead wore a straw cowboy hat with about 2 extra inches in the crown. They also had a trombonist/tubaist. Seriously, y'all, good stuff.

From the first note of Dr Dog's set, the entire crowd was pulsing, throbbing, thrumming in a universal rhythm. There was just an inescapable energy that filled the room and swept all of us up with it. Talk about fun. It was a groovefest; quite probably a top five concert experience for this girl.

In other news, I just finished reading Eat, Shoots, and Leaves, a book all about proper punctuation, and I have to say that it was amazing. Lynne Truss keeps things conversational and interesting, while remaining informative. Go read it, enlighten yo'self, and punctuate. It frightens me how something I've always felt to be so important is becoming more and more obsolete. (For anyone who went back to check my punctuation to call me out for reading a punctuation book and still making mistakes - kudos.)

No comments:

Post a Comment