03 December 2012

Always Breakfast

“I wish the whole day were like breakfast, when people are still connected to their dreams, focused inward, and not yet ready to engage with the world around them. I realized this is how I am all day; for me, unlike other people, there doesn't come a moment after a cup of coffee or a shower or whatever when I suddenly feel alive and awake and connected to the world. If it were always breakfast, I would be fine.”
Peter Cameron, Someday This Pain Will be Useful

I came across this quote today as I was study breaking. I've never quite thought of breakfast in these terms, but after reading it I felt like breakfast could mean nothing else, like this is how I've felt about breakfast my entire life but have never been able to enunciate. Kudos, Pete. And now the rest of my study breaks will be spent searching for more quotes about breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment