22 January 2013

Classes, Version 7.0

I know it's been two weeks, but here go the semesterly class/professor evaluations:

I need fulfill an ethics requirement in order to graduate, and the way I'm doing that is through a philosophy class this semester. It's kind of silly. I mean, I find it a little odd that a professor is instructing me how to be contrary. If we're all contrary in the same way, are we all contrary? If we are all escaping the "illusion" of the world in the exact same manner, are we not just conforming to a new "illusion"? Is the overuse of the word "illusion" in this class not just a cry for someone to break out in The Final Countdown??? We do get to read Brave New World, so that's cool.

For a technical elective, and also in anticipation of some job shadowing this summer, I'm taking a class on medical imaging physics. It is highly interesting and manages to tie together most things I've learned in other NRE courses. The professor is quite an adorable little Asian man, with an affinity for cowl neck sweaters. He writes all of his notes with paper and thin sharpies, which I am a huge fan of.

My third class is radiation protection. What's the best part about this class? The professor is.....TEXAN! He's from Kerville and is a jovial old man who cracks jokes and spouts off useless trivia and talks about Johnny Football and knows where Tyler is. Pretty awesome.

Reactor physics is a whole nother animal. Professor Rajan Varadarajan, aptly described by a fellow student, sounds like Kermit with an Indian accent. Paying attention feels like watching a tennis match, because he constantly paces back and forth before the blackboard. It's a workout.

And that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment