14 March 2013

Young Love

I was inspired by Anna last night to reach back into the annals of my life to my first celebrity crushes. Who were those guys? But of course just remembering them wasn't enough. I had to find out what they were up to now and gauge my elementary school taste levels.

In order of least plans made about marriage to most, with crush staying power ranked on a scale from 1-10:

Nick Carter
then he was the hunkiest member of the best boy band of the '90s. That hair, that smirk, those eyes.
now he has a solo career and he's still got that hair.
Staying Power: 2 (I have to tell you, Nick, I think I'm over you.)

Brink! (also known as Erik von Detten)
then he was the totally dreamy soul-skater out to skate better and save his family
now he has continued his role as Sid in Toy Story Three and beyond that I have no idea
Staying Power: 1 (it just wasn't meant to be, Erik)

Devon Sawa
then he was Junior, the stud quarterback for the Little Giants
 
now he's on the tv show Nikita
 
 Staying Power: 2 (it's not you, Devon, it's me)

Charlie Conway
then he was the swoon-worthy captain of the Mighty Ducks
















now he's Joshua Jackson, the swoon-worthy guy on Fringe, plus a little stint as Pacey on Dawson's Creek

















Staying Power: 10 (Charlie, I would have married you then and I would still marry you now.)

2 comments:

  1. When I was little, I had a magazine picture of Devon Sawa taped to the ceiling above my bed. No shame, it was true love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Joshua Jackson got MORE handsome- how?? I had to send out a company wide bio email and my survey question was "Who was your first celebrity crush". One person (out of 1700) answered and it was Jonathan Taylor Thomas, of course.

    ReplyDelete