11 October 2013

aware

I am beyond excited to go home this weekend. I am also beyond excited to elucidate the blagosphere with all of the thoughts that have been bouncing around my head the past few weeks. But right now a little deviance:

This past week has been Mental Illness Awareness Week. I used to be a real brat and believe that mental illness was just weakness and inability to employ any kind of discipline or control. I discredited mental illness as a choice rather than a medical condition, and this grossly incorrect perception kept me from being the necessary help to people most in need of it. Mental illnesses are prevalent, serious, and treatable. Do something.

For more information on mental illnesses and/or Mental Illness Awareness Week, visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness website.

No comments:

Post a Comment