26 November 2013

A Late Little Weekend Recap

Two weekends ago my grandparents came to visit me at school. Now, when I have visitors, I like to have some kind of plan for what we'll do - attractions, restaurants, more restaurants, etc. I asked around the week before for some suggestions of what to do with my grandparents, and all the feedback I got was honestly a little lame. I realized why when my question of what to do with my grandparents in Atlanta was answered with another question: "Are they mobile?"

Mobile would be an understatement. We're talkin' about Grampa and Granny Grits*, here.

*this Grits

I cast the suggestions aside and instead took my grandparents on a double date to a swing dance. And it was awesome. They've got the moves. How blessed am I?! Getting shown up on the dance floor by my grandparents in my senior year of college, 700 miles away from home. It was crazy fun. And beyond that we shopped and ate and sat in coffee shops and made soup together and went to church.

In the season of thanks, as well as in all seasons, I am so grateful for two such fun loving examples of keeping yourself healthy and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment