31 March 2014

Molly Cook is I'll make you banana pancakes, pretend like it's the weekend now.

If we're being honest, breakfast is pretty much the only reason I get out of bed every morning. I can't even begin to understand you breakfast skippers of the world. There is a reason I selected this for my Facebook cover photo:
(Primarily because it seemed more ladylike than this:
but also because I really like breakfasts.)

Usually I eat the same thing for breakfast everyday because it's just so gosh darn good (Greek yogurt and homemade granola), but this morning I decided to try something new. Primarily because I was out of both Greek yogurt and homemade granola, but also because I really like breakfasts. I've had a pancake recipe pinned for a while now and it makes me a little crazy to let things sit for too long without trying them, so I was bound and determined to make them this morning -the only morning of the week that I have any obligation, my 9 AM class. Not my best timing, but by golly I was going to make pancakes and I was going to make them today. Good thing, too, because it was one of those days where I would not have gotten up without that motivation. And these pancakes, with a little tweaking, have the potential to be homemade Harvest Grain 'n Nut (which I will continue to refer to as Nut 'n Grain) Pancakes. These babies are sweetened entirely by bananas, meaning "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson was on repeat in my zombie early morning mind as I flipped and wished my middle school self could post a sweet song lyric Facebook status as she was wont to do.

Moral of the story: make more pancakes.

This is the recipe I used. Give 'em a try if you like moist, dense pancakes and have a gluten intolerance or think healthy pancakes are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment