09 April 2014

Candles and Cooling Towers

It's allergy season, so I had to make a trip to Target this week specifically for Kleenex, but I couldn't leave with just Kleenex, come on. I couldn't get ginger snaps because I've almost gone an entire semester without buying a bag of ginger snaps, and at this point it's a matter of pride. I couldn't get candy because bad things happen when I'm left alone with >1 serving of candy. I couldn't get ice cream because I'm hot off the tails of a weekend where every meal seemed to be either coffee or gigantic cookies (or both). In the end, I bought a new candle and it's lovely. I'm no expert in aromatherapy, but I can speak for the calming properties of lighting a candle, dimming the lights, and soaking in the cozy. I actually just looked up aromatherapy to see what it's all about and it seems like every essential oil can be used to treat a wide number of dispositions. My interpretation? As long as you enjoy the scent you'll benefit.

Kerry posted in her Tuesday Tea about ways to relax, and I would throw candles into her already perfect mix. And baking. It puts me at ease to bake - not for sustenance, not for a deadline, just bake. It's rare to get in the kitchen for baking's sake when you've got to be in there so much already in order to eat.

For giggles, here's a picture of me from this weekend with some sweet Three Mile Island cooling towers that I might or might not have been instructed to delete.




1 comment: