31 May 2014

Hey you Hays

One week ago today my BFFAEAEAE got hitched! Isn’t it cool how that means best friend forever and ever and ever and ever, but for me it also means best friend forever Amy Elise Amy Elise Amy Elise? I’m still not over that after eight plus years of referring to each other as such. (Right? I actually have no idea when we started that.) It was my first time being in a wedding of my peers, and my first time ever ever being a maid of honor, which is quite an incredible honor. More so, I realized throughout the engagement, than I knew going into things. Ain’t mad about it. It was pretty awesome.

Before and after our beauty preparations on the day of the wedding. Those bubble beards really
worked wonders on our skin.

Anyway, in honor of their one week anniversary, here are a few of my favorite things about the Hays's.

-They are in googly love with each other and it’s obvious.
-They work together as a unit amazingly well.
-They appreciate the finer things in life, such as food. Mainly food. Basically, I like that they like to eat, even though Tanner doesn't eat dessert except for cobbler and chocolate chip cookies. That just leaves more for the wifey and the permanent third wheel. (Don’t think y’all got rid of me just because you got married.)
-They make each other laugh.
-Elise Hays boogies way harder than Elise Dollahite ever did. That reception dance floor was tUrNt Up.
-They pray for each other and for me.
-One time we went to Chili’s and Tanner bought me a milkshake.
-They keep each other accountable.
-They provide a wonderful example of a healthy, Christ-centered relationship. Over the wedding weekend, several people mentioned the impact the Hays's have had on their own relationships, and I know I feel the same way. I think that is just about the coolest thing and something to aspire to.

I’m not saying I wish I could go back and redo my MOH toast, because there’s something I love in the honesty and fumbles inherent in speaking off the cuff, but I did make direct eye contact with Elise within the first three seconds and forfeit all mental capacities to “oh my gosh, she’s married”. Also, there’s just way too much good to say about these two. I’ll probably be toasting them with different sentiments every night for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment