24 September 2014

da weekend

It's been a point of some incredulity with my brother that I've been living in Atlanta for 4+ years without going to a single Braves game (and even more so considering that I have been to a Falcons game and two Hawks games). Well, Brother, let me ease your mind. I have now been to a Braves game. And on Star Wars night to boot - never a dull moment! In the stands, that is. I'm not sure if a game was actually even played based on the goose eggs decorating the scoreboard...oof, y'all.


We went for the Star Wars shirt + Braves hat combo instead of matching costumes because we didn't have a Princess Leia dress for Jeff to wear. Maybe next year, bud.

And you know who else likes Braves games?

jackwhitehappy.gif

He wasn't there on the same night we were, seeing as he was a little preoccupied playing at Music Midtown, but he did go to another game this weekend. Jack White has planned his current tour around going to different baseball stadiums, and in all the previous footage of him at other games he looks like a complete rain cloud. I'm willing to bet that his good time at the Braves game is largely due to the Simba Cam.

If that wasn't adventure enough for one weekend, my roommate and I organized a little trip to shoot the 'hooch on Sunday morning. It was a blast! For those unfamiliar with the vernacular, shooting the 'hooch entails a relaxing inner tube ride down the Chattahoochee River. The weather was great for us this weekend, shiney sun and clear skies, but the water was about 55 degrees up in that river and that makes for one chilly booty.

1 weekend, 2 Atlanta firsts, and a Jack gif. Booya!

No comments:

Post a Comment