08 October 2014

Parental Supervision

When asked about my weekend this Monday, my response was "my parents were here and we went hiking for a few hours on Saturday morning and then went around to different gear shops to look into hiking boots because they're going on a trip to hike across England this summer."

When did this happen?! It's like basically overnight we turned into a family of outdoor sportsmen and health nuts. Admittedly, the plan to hike this weekend was fueled by my first love: food. I've heard great things about the Chattahoochee Coffee Company here in Atlanta, and it was through one of their Yelp reviews that I got on to looking at the hiking trails offered by the park. There are a bunch! And they're even inside the perimeter - pockets of nature not 20 minutes from Buckhead. We chose the East Palisades Trail and it was great. (There might have been some deviation from the trail at some point, but skillful navigation by our main man got us back where we needed to be.) The morning left us wanting burgers and sweet potato fries, not coffee and scones, so we didn't end up going to the coffee shop. I guess those old parents will just have to come back....

Here they are taking in the scenery:


Parentals, it was, as always, a joy to be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment