10 January 2015

yo yo yo

Honesty: I took a brief hiatus primarily because I got a book from that review site that I had no idea how to review and instead of writing a sweet little piece about how lovely the photographs are I decided to turtle on back into my shell and take no action until action was no longer necessary - coined "chavving out" by Brandon and a term that I am all for stealing and using. So if anyone monitors those book reviews, sorry.

Some more honesty: I extended my brief hiatus because I sort of stopped knowing what to say in general. I am leaps and bounds a different person from 4+ years ago when this shindig began, but I tend to like that gal's take on things a lot more than this gal's. So it's hard. It's hard to want to relate humorous, stumbling through life anecdotes when your stumble has smoothed into more of a coast and you've settled in to (really awesome!) routines and life is less figure-it-out-as-we-go-along. It's bittersweet - I'm no longer dreaming up wacky adventures and pseudo-"putting myself out there", searching for belonging in a new place with entertaining tales of my failures and successes, but I am flourishing in the niche I've found. I'm no longer getting that high of new faces and places, but I am genuinely happy with the place that all my stumbling has brought me to.

With all of this, I assume a new introduction is in order. Who am I now? Somewhat less of a stranger in a strange land, no longer an aspiring nuclear engineer, still just as much of a goob.

-I have a degree in nuclear and radiological engineering, which means I could regulate the fission at a nuclear power plant if I so desired.
-I did not so desire and am now an aspiring medical physicist.
-I am still a displaced Texan in the metropolis hell of Midtown Atlanta. I still miss Texas just as much but I try not to mention it anymore because I savvy that people can get tired of that and really envious that they themselves are not from Texas. Instead, now I complain about traffic and too many people and rush hour like a true big city girl.
-I have a boyfriend who is taller than me! (He has many other great qualities, but I try not to embarrass him on the internet.)
-I'm afraid I might have become a health-nut.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous28.1.15

    I'm a Software Engineer. Some time ago, I took great pleasure in writing my own blogging platform from the ground up. After two weeks of non-stop coding, I launched my site and proceeded to post a whopping four times.
    I also have a YouTube channel to which I used to post fully random videos of my own creation regularly. But recently, that has also slowed to a crawl.

    When reflecting on such apparent changes in ambition, I've understood why but have not been able to convey it linguistically.

    "life is less figure-it-out-as-we-go-along"
    That is apropos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear I'm not alone in this! It seems that things just need to be internalized before they can spill out into our creative lives. I hope that you are either back to posting soon or that you find an equally fulfilling hobby for this new stage!

      Delete