29 March 2012

A Week

Without going into details, let's just say I've had my fill of bad mojo this week. HOWEVER - and that's for you, Mrs. Millings, who taught me to never use my but, use my how and my ever - there have also been moments of not bad mojo. For those moments, I am grateful.

Take today, for instance. Seeing as one of my New Year's Resolutions was to figure out what nuclear engineers actually do, I took advantage of ANS touring the Clinac linear accelerator and RSEL that are housed in the basement of the NRE building here on campus. Since I am Georgia Tech ANS Tweet Master *brushes off shoulders* I tweeted a picture of our experiences for the benefit of all. I kid you not, I was retweeted by THE American Nuclear Society. I've never felt so validated in my life. (Dear parents and grandparents, a tweet is a short blib about what one happens to be feeling or doing at that very moment. A retweet is when someone who cares enough to read what you share thinks that your opinion/commentary/terrible pun is worth retelling to everyone who reads what they share. Love, Molly) Plus, I attended a Women in Engineering Awards Banquet tonight - read, capitalized on the opportunity for a rull good free meal - and ended up sitting right next to the Dean of Students. Not that it meant anything other than making me feel important, but still.

Anywho, it's weeks like these when I'm even more happy that I hoard tiny slips of paper and reused flash cards with meaningful transcribed excerpts. Think on this next time you have "a week":

"When many things seem to be going wrong, trust Me. When your life feels increasingly out of control, thank Me. Gradually, you will begin to ascend, recovering your lost ground." -Sarah Young, Jesus Calling, October 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment