28 October 2012

A New Project

Alright, nerds, I've gone and done it. I signed up for National Novel Writing Month. Yeeps. If you're not familiar with it/not too great at deduction, NaNoWriMo (yes, they call it that) is a full month devoted to writing a novel. November, to be exact. Anyone can do it, everyone should.

But Molly, you're a nuclear engineering major. Do you even know the first thing about writing a novel? Heck no. I'm freakin' out, man.

But Molly, you're a nuclear engineering major. Do you even have time to write a novel? Surprisingly, I have a lot of free time this semester. Yes, writing will probably cut into my Vlogbrother watching time, but I think participating in NaNoWriMo will protect my nerdfighter status.

But Molly, why? I guess I just like to do challenges and start projects. Yeah, it seems to be in vogue right now to challenge oneself by training and completing half marathons, but heck if you'll ever see me doing that. I get my kicks in a nerdier fashion. Sometimes it works out (Project 365 - wut wut!!!) and sometimes it's an admitted failure (eating "paleo" for maybe 9 days...), but if you're never brave enough to embark on new harebrained schemes, you'll never have weird things to write about on your blog.

So basically everyone should pester me during the entire month of November and ask how my novel is coming along so that I'll be too embarrassed to give up. Everyone should also sign up and write their own novels because writing makes you smarter. Besides, even if you're thinking "I can't do that. I can't write worth guano!" - your novel can never be worse than The Bean Trees. There's really no excuse.

And, yes, I have started watching 30 Rock, hence frequently referring to everyone as nerds, a la Liz Lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment