28 February 2013

February 24 - March 2 is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week. Visit the NEDA website for information on eating disorders.

I highly recommend this post (and all others concerning her eating disorder) by Meg Fee for anyone struggling with body image. Her raw honesty in confronting this damaging habit is refreshing and continually encourages me. Because we all struggle with body image. I know I'm there, and I'm still figuring it out. My mom has been there, and she's figuring it out. One of my best friends (and also one of the healthiest people I know) is there, and she's still figuring it out, too.

Outward confidence often masks inner dissatisfaction. Since I know that the majority of people who read this blog are really cool college-aged gals who probably also know me in some other fashion, I think it is important to state that body image has been and continues to be a constant struggle for me. It is controlling and damaging when not properly faced, and has taken me until just recently to find a healthy balance. I hope that, if you face the same struggles, you can find comfort by knowing you are not alone. Please, no one hesitate to contact me if you are feeling unhappy, guilty, anxious, over body image! Hit up clairelymolly@gmail.com anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment